Thursday 19 October 2017

Task 4b

Task 4b
Developing my ideas:


Now that Iv based my questions on Behaviour I wanted to explore the areas I can gain information from.

Developing my SIGS I’ve found similar blogs and joined groups that have an interest in methods of teaching. The first topic I wanted to explore that changes the behaviour of a class is Age. As I work with colleagues in my own age bracket (20-35), its interesting to read blogs that are aimed at younger students and a few behaviour points on how they react to situations.

I wanted to look at people I’m closer to, my boyfriend is also a dancer and teaches ballet/fitness to adults, normally women around London. I’ve joined a few of his classes to identify his teaching techniques and the difficulty he faces as English is not his first language. This is something I want to continue to explore by sitting in on the class and examining the members of the class behaviour. I will be challenges by the ethical consideration of this as I gain consent to sit in on a class.

My closest friend from Wales has her own dance school and is a freelancer around schools in the area. She also works with children with learning difficulties. I plan to have an audio recording of what its like for her to be travelling and teaching different ages and abilities and the structure of her classes, seeing how these differ to mine.

Next I wanted to gain material from other sources such as books on behaviour, the physiology of behaviour and teaching methods.
I plan to visit Middlesex University library and my own library in Hackney to see what material is relevant.

Looking forward to the campus session tomorrow,
Alicia




No comments:

Post a Comment