Thursday 9 November 2017

Task 6B


Task 6B:
The use of different Tools within my Inquiry


In Task 6A I decided on using Interview style questions when gaining views from my SIG’s group on behaviour. I felt this was the most efficient way to gain personal responses and I’m happy with the outcome however, when sending a group the same questions I have to wonder whether it would have been more beneficial to send the questions by direct message, as there would be no influence from other member of the group when answering. Interviewing questions to a group was easier for me to evaluate as the answers were all on one page.


As mentioned in Task 6A my initial idea was to create a survey for my SIG’s. Keeping the content simple and to the point the users would have an easy to use application where they would feel more relaxed when answering the 4 questions. I started creating a template but decided against if after a few attempts as I would have to apply some optional answers for my SIG’s to choose from which defeats the point of gaining a personal response, that’s when I moved onto interview style questions. I like the idea of the survey and would be interested in trying out other students but felt it didn’t relate to my questions.


Gathering in a focus group is another tool I’ve thought of using when questioning my work colleagues. It’s something I’ve done previously within my practice and thought it worked well gathering as a team however, there are issues within this. Depending on the personalities amongst the group there can be a leader presents that steers the group opinion to make it not ethical.  This again has lead me back to the tool of interviewing colleagues individually for more reliable data.


Plot observation, another tool I would like to explore is beneficial as it allows you to look deep into a situation, this can be discussed within a focus group or individually. This is related to a task I would like to try out after questioning my work colleagues. I’ve spoken before in my literature review about “Creative Confidence” and the Creative Challenge #4 on observing human behaviour and the process in doing so. Again this depends on if its being done in a group or individually to gain different ethical issues.


When looking at documents it is important to gain the correct information beforehand, knowing if they are ethically right and come from a reliable source. Many times throughout my practice I gain information from the Internet or from books, as it is easily accessible but remembering to be mindful that the information is valuable to my question/point. In Module 1 I spoke a lot about the advantages and disadvantages on the use of Web 2.0.


No comments:

Post a Comment