Monday 30 October 2017

Task 5b

Task 5b:


Looking at my practice and the ethics I believe are right, I also follow the terms by other organizations. As I’m self employed and work for more than one company I take into account different contract rules regarding what is expected of me, times, payment, etc.
“The artiste will act professionally and show courtesy to the client and organization at all times.”
By reading and agreeing to the contract I have an idea of how my behaviour should be along with my own perspective and attitude. Before a new event I would be sent a brief of the job with a reminded of the codes on conduct.


Being self employed firstly means registering with the government to gain consent and file a tax return the beginning of every year. This assures me that every invoice I do the monies I receive I wont pay tax on this unless stated otherwise until I’ve calculated my return. This is also stated in self employed contracts I take.
“8. The Artist is Self Employed and therefore agrees to pay any Tax, National Insurance or other Legal requirements and accepts that …….. is not liable for any of these payments.”                                                                                                                This is quite a general term for self employed people and most included in the performance industry, it allows a clear understanding between the company and myself that I will get paid certain amount on a certain day. If this is taken advantage which it has been in the past of my opinion and behavior could differ between parties being unreliable.

Speaking of being reliable, performers have the option to sign up to Equity, which supports members in the entertainment industry and provides benefits for tax, legal support and payment. This organization is so helpful to especially young performers for advice and support. If a contract has not been clear or followed, Equity can advise on actions to take whether the contract has been Equity registered or not. In situation where I’m unsure of what ethical response to give and my rights, Equity are the people to ask.

Getting help with tax: https://www.gov.uk/tax-help


No comments:

Post a Comment